Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thing 23 : Final Thoughts

I didn't network with so much with others participating in 23Things (I hardly found time to complete the project), but the project did provide me a way to generate some side conversations with my colleagues at school. These conversations are what made the project valuable to me.

There were some modest accomplishments such as setting up a wiki for some of our staff to contribute ongoing ideas for our spring research assignment. There were conversations about starting up a blog as a way to keep in touch with family members across the world. As I invited people to look at my blog, I felt a sense of purpose to it that made the endeavor worthwhile. I guess this just reflects the nature of Web 2.0/Library 2.0 : its about our need to experience the social networking side of the web.

2 comments:

Ms B said...

Time is my biggest obstacle to becoming more involved with Library 2.0. My thought is it is one more thing to add to my endless To Do List.

Congratulations to you for finishing 23 Things on a Stick!

Cindy said...

So happy that you completed your Things! I'm sure there will be more opportunities to network in the future. What is most important is that you have learned much and completed all 23.

Cindy Gruwell
23 Things CMLE Coach