Friday, February 22, 2008

Thing 8 : Share Your Creations

Overload! There's too much to explore again. I sense work avoidance creeping in. At some point I'll just have to pick something to try out. Does anyone else keep running into more Web 2.0 stuff now that we've been doing 23TOAS? Here's one example of late:

The Feb. 2008 issue of School Library Journal has the article: "Widgets to the Rescue," that may be of interest to some. Also in the issue is an article on "machinima" (machine cinema - filmaking by using video games that have in-game recording options enabling filmmakers to capture footage.) Click on a sample project done by students called, "A Child's War." "Imagine the ways young people as well as libraries could promote programs, create stories, and teach engaging skills with this medium (Tsai & Czarnecki)." At some point I would like to look into this a little more and visit the TSL (Teen Second Life) site as a way to make a machinima.

Well, I got to Picturetrail.com Picturetrail seemed pretty easy and I like that it would automatically update any changes I made from the site directly to my blog. This, among the many options out there, seems to offer a good way to publicize library events and programming. I looked at site called RockYou but haven't taken the time to try it out yet. There are way more options to share photos over the Internet than I expected. I kind of stared blankly at Zoho Show and couldn't quite engage myself to try it out yet, but it seems like a good alternative to using PowerPoint. It has the convenience of being able to access a presentation via the web, anytime from anywhere. I would like to check out 50 ways to tell a story at a later time. Has anyone tried Google Presentations found at docs.google.com?

Photos of daughter - GRACIE'S LEMONADE STAND - this past fall:


2 comments:

Ms B said...

I've read a few good reviews about using docs.google.com in the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Not necessarily for presentations, but for saving word processing. Could solve the problem of students bringing in assignments typed with Word Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Great Photos Mike...very cute