Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 14 : LibraryThing

A colleague informed me of a similar site called Shelfari. It seems to have a smaller community and I like the layout/navigation of the site better than LibraryThing. I wasn't that sure how to go about finding members that focus on Middle School lit. with either Shelfari or LibraryThing. Tags may be a way to organize Web 2.0 sites, but I haven't been overly impressed with this system yet. To me, tags seem to lead to more tangents than a quality list of results I was searching for.

I looked at LibraryThing a few weeks ago. Along the 23Things journey I ran into the tidbit about Thomas Jefferson being a member of LibraryThing.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

True...I feel somewhat the same way about tagging. In fact I have yet to figure about the appeal. Then again then some folks really like them.

It is interesting to see how people go about identifying and tagging their information...Like LibraryThing its just another tool just another tool in the mix which may or maynot be useful.

Cindy Gruwell
23 Things CMLE Coach